An alert number will be displayed on the front panel of the XMV amplifier. In addition, the XMV amplifier will issue external notification of an abnormal state as an output on its (3-pin Euroblock) Fault Out port. For example, an XMV amplifier can signal its state by turning an LED lamp connected to its Fault Out port on or off.
The XMV issues notification of the following abnormal states:
- The amplifier has overheated and the output limiter has been operated.
- The power supply has overheated and been shut down.
- Excess current has been detected.
- DC output has been detected.
- Excessive cumulative current or the maximum current has been detected.